- All competitors must wear an approved Personal Floatation Device. A belt PFD is acceptable.
- All competitors must sign a liability and release form.
- ELITE: This Group of racers are usually those with the most competitive experience. The Men usually race on 14’ race boards and the women 12’6”.
- OPEN: This Group has some races under their belt and are ready for some mores serious competition but not at the Elite level, usually on 12’6” and under boards.
- NOVICE: This group are new to the sport and this may be their first race and want to try it out competing against others with little or no racing background. It is expected that after a maximum of three (3) races they will move up to the Open Classification.
- YOUTH: This category is further subdivided into U18, U16, U14, U12, U10
- AGE: Within the Male and Female classifications we will have 18-49 and 50, divisions.
- Some races will be classified as inflatables only such as the Grand River race.
- This may become a sub category to the above as numbers warrant.
- Courses may vary in shape and distance according to location and classification.
- Elite will generally race between 5000 and 7000 meters.
- Open will race between 3000 to 5000 meters.
- U18, U16, U14, U12 between 1000 and 2000 meters.
- Course may be triangle, square, M or out and back around buoys.
- For participating and finishing a race, the competitor shall receive 5 participation points
- In addition, placement points will be awarded to the top 10 finishers in each class, with the 1st place finisher receiving 10 points and the 10th place finisher receiving 1 point
- The Final Male and Female SERIES Champions will be determined from their respective five (5) best finishes throughout the race series. Only Elite Racers will qualify based on overall scores at each race.
- Category Champions will also be determined on their 5 best races.